Blackened Salmon over Chorizo Hash
Salmon is one of our favorites during the week and I thought a nice chorizo hash topped with blackened salmon would go nice together and it was amazing! I even pickled some jalapeños and red onions together to add a little more zing..
I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy as much as we did. Cindy xo
Ingredients for Blackened Salmon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 salmon fillets, skin and bones removed
- Olive oil
Ingredients for Chorizo Hash
- 3 large potatoes (white, purple or sweet)
- 4 fresh chorizo, casings removed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or ghee
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup corn, frozen (optional)
- In a small bowl combine all of the spices and mix together using a fork. Set aside.
- Take salmon and place on a plate or platter. Drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle both sides with spices. Cover and place in refrigerator.
- Quarter the potatoes and place in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil then reduce to medium and let cook for about 20-25 minutes or until fork tender. Drain and let cool.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes (make sure they are the same size).
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat add olive oil and butter. Once melted add in chorizo and break into chunks while cooking by using a wooden spoon. Cook for about 8 minutes then add in onions and potatoes then season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking for another 8 minutes over medium heat stirring occasionally. Add in corn and combine well into hash.
- In a large, heavy sauté over high heat add oil then cook salmon until blackened, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- To serve add the chorizo hash to the bottom of the plate then top with the salmon. Enjoy!
To make a quick pickle of jalapeños and red onion was very easy. This is what I did…
- 2 jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
Ingredients for pickled jalapeño and red onion
- Add your thinly sliced peppers and onion in a bowl.
- In a small sauce pan add vinegar, water, garlic, oregano, agave and salt then bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Add in peppers and onions until the liquid cools then place in a sealed container (with liquid) until ready to use.
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!