Beef Stuffed Heirloom Round Zucchini
I found this beautiful round zucchini at the Coventry Farmers Market and had to grab one! I was home alone for dinner and made this perfect dinner for one! You can buy more and double the recipe or cut in half and share but I enjoyed this Beef Stuffed Heirloom Round Zucchini all by myself.
I stuffed with ground sirloin but you can use your favorite ground meat or even keep it all vegetables and some sweet potatoes! (I may try it that way next week(
Enjoy this amazing Paleo Italian Recipe today!
- 1 large round heirloom zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoon yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 pound ground beef, turkey, chicken or pork
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut the tops off the zucchini. hollow out, chop and set aside.
- You can keep the top if you want for decoration.
- In a medium sauté pan over medium heat add olive oil. Once hot add in garlic, onion, pepper and chopped zucchini flesh (from the center of the round zucchini). Let cook for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl add in beef, basil, parsley, spinach, 1 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, red pepper flakes, plum tomato then the onion, peppers and zucchini from the pan.
- Mix to combine with a fork or your hands.
- Season the inside of the hollow zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Fill the hollow zucchini and place in a small round pan or other baking dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes then enjoy!
Note: If you don’t have fresh herbs hands then substitute with 1 teaspoon of dried. Add other fresh herbs you may have in your garden!
Check out Cindy's Website - Cindy's Table!
Facebook - Cindy's Table today!
Twitter - @CindysTable today!