Beef Roll with Bacon and Mushrooms
- 1/2 pound of bacon, sliced
- 12 oz mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup Paleo ketchup
- Coconut oil, melted for brushing
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Take bacon and cut into thin slices. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Cook bacon until almost done but not crispy. About 5 minutes. Take out of pan and place on a paper towel.
- In the same pan using the bacon drippings add mushrooms. Just heat through for about 3 minutes then add garlic and cook for another minute. Put mushroom on a plate to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, chicken broth, almond meal, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, oregano and basil.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef and egg mixture. Combine well.
- Take a large baking pan and cover with foil. Brush bottom with coconut oil. Lay out beef into a thin rectangle (about 12×10). Season with remainder salt and pepper. Top with even amount of bacon and mushrooms. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side and peeling foil away while rolling. Seal seam and ends.
- Place in the middle of the baking pan and brush with paleo ketchup
- Place in oven and bake, uncovered, for 1- 1 1/4 hour or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- Place on a serving platter.
- Slice and enjoy with your favorite side dish.
Note: you can also add sauté spinach to the mushroom and bacon! You can find my paleo ketchup recipe on my website at http://www.cindystable.com/slow-cooker-ketchup/