Beef Mushroom Steak Teriyaki
- 1 pound skirt steak
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoons organic butter
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Pepper
- Fresh bean sprouts
- 2 c. finely shredded cabbage
- Raw nuts, crushed
- 1 can (8 oz.) water chestnuts, drained & sliced (optional)
- Put your oven on broil and place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a large sauté pan with a cover, melt the butter and add oil over high heat and a Worcestershire sauce.
- Sauté the beef for 1 minute on each side, then remove and place on a baking sheet prepared for the broiler.
- add the onions, peppers and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add cabbage to the pan, place a lid/cover on the sauté pan and stir occasionally while the peppers and onions soften.
- Put steak in the oven and broil 4 minutes on each side (for medium rare), let sit on a board for 5 minutes before serving.
- Either slice the steak or put on a plate, add crushed nuts, vegetables and juice from pan and top with water chestnuts.